Wednesday 27 August 2014

Same Site, Same Day, Different Sightings!

Hello Jon!

Dan here.

I too had a look around today, and though I wish I could have connected with your Marsh Harrier it was a bird-filled visit nonetheless.

My best bird was a Tree Pipit which was quietly sitting in a bush before heading off to the E. Also eastbound were 35 migrating Sand Martins with perhaps four times that number of Swallows seen on the move mid-morning.

Six House Sparrows and two Mediterranean Gulls flew south. A few Whitethroats and two Lesser Whitethroats were loosely associating with the Chiffchaff hordes.

A Holly Blue (some way from any foodplants) was my best butterfly. Wel jel of your Clouded Yellow. My last Aldcliffe sighting was eight autumns ago.

Pictured above is a Brown Hawker. Pleased to finally get a decent snap of what is a common, but very camera shy insect!


DH.

No comments: