Friday 3 April 2009

Garganeys drop in...

Another first for me, despite my repeated failed attempts to see the pair that was around the Parish last autumn, this species has continued to elude me for many a moon. However, all that was about to change. Today as Dan and I were scanning the sky for Osprey and the Pools for LRP, a lot can happen in a couple of hours, and as Dan scoped the pools once again, I heard “yes” and a pair of Garganey had dropped in on the main pool, making a great sight, the male was striking to say the least. Only the day before Dan had mentioned to lookout for this species. 5 Snipe also dropped in, and Little Grebe’s were calling.
2 Peregrine and Raven were also busy at Aldcliffe today, along with Goldfinch, Reed Bunting, Skylark, Meadow Pipits and Linnets.
Stevew

Cheers Steve
The garganey pair were still present 4.45pm-5.10pm at least.
Jon

No comments: