Thursday 12 August 2010

Watching the tide roll away.......

There were a number of Canada Geese on Freeman's Pool Island and little else. On the path to Marsh Point I saw 2 Bullfinch, first I have seen here all summer. At Marsh Point were Lapwing and good selection of gulls. On the track saw 2 Willow Warbler and a Chiffchaff, along with Goldfinch and Tits. On the Wildfowlers’ I saw 2 Green Sandpiper, 1 Snipe, 2 Pied Wagtail, Grey Heron and numerous Moorhen. A Little Egret flew over. I made my way down to a bench, near Chaff Wall, and waited for something good to come over, the highlight was a female Peregrine, which then showed numerous times hunting the waders against a fast incoming tide adding much to the drama. Three Snipe flew over, and there were 3 Little Egret on the far bank.

Steve

No comments: